Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I replace my washing machine hoses?
Check the hoses to see if they have any leaks, cracks, or bulges. Leave at least 4 inches clearance from the wall to prevent hose damage. Robertson Electric recommends replacing hoses with stainless steel washer hoses to avoid the potential leaks and deterioration of rubber hoses.
- Does my garbage disposal need any maintenance?
To keep your disposal in good working order:
- Run water before and after grinding food.
- Use cold water when you grind food. Hot water melts fats and can clog the disposal and pipes..
- Don’t grind coffee grounds, bones, or overly fibrous materials..
- Never use your hand to remove something from the disposal. Use tongs or pliers.
Grinding ice cubes in your disposal will help keep it clean and grinding a lemon will deodorize it.